Our Q1 2022 Market Monitor report has been published. We release one infographic each quarter to summarize the smartphone market activities in a single page.
Some quick observations on the smartphone market:
- The global smartphone market declined by 8% YoY and 12% QoQ to 326 million units in Q1 2022.
- Samsung surpassed Apple to take the number one spot in Q1 2022 with its smartphone shipments increasing by 8% QoQ to 74.4 million units.
- Apple’s shipments declined 1% YoY in Q1 2022 to reach 59 million units.
- Xiaomi, OPPO and vivo’s component struggles continued, causing QoQ and YoY declines in their respective shipments.
- HONOR’s shipments grew 148% YoY in Q1 2022 to 16 million units. Consequently, its market share rose to 5%, up from 4% in Q4 2021 and 2% in Q1 2021.