The Smartphone Intelligence Tracker gives the Counterpoint perspective on a curated collection of recent news and other articles that have made an impact on the smartphone ecosystem (OEMs, app ecosystem, policy, and more). It gives readers an idea of the current state of affairs in the sector and potential ramifications, helping connect the dots.
The May edition analyses key developments within the smartphone ecosystem during: April 22, 2023 – May 21, 2023.
It also covers the list of key smartphone launches during the period.
Some of the developments from this edition, where our analysts give their points of view include:
- Bangladesh to Increase VAT on Mobile Phones, Prices Set to Rise
- Foxconn to Invest $500 Million on New Manufacturing Plant in India
- Apple Releases First-ever Rapid Security Response Update for Public
- Baidu Ventures into Teen-focused Smartphones
- OPPO to shut down its chip design unit, Zeku
- Google announces new Pixel smartphones, enters foldables and showcases AI heavy features.
- T-Mobile Launches New Plans, Takes Aim At 3-Year Contract Lock
For the May edition, we have also included our analysis of Q1 2023 quarterly earnings reports of some key smartphone ecosystem players:
- Qualcomm and MediaTek Q1 2023 Earnings Update
- Samsung Electronics’ Q1 2023 Profit Plunges 95% to 14-year Low
- Transsion Q1 2023 Earnings Update
- Xiaomi Q1 ’23 Earnings Update
Additionally, the Smartphone Intelligence Tracker carries a teaser of one of Counterpoint’s latest research reports. In the May edition, a report titled, ‘Foldable Service
Global Consumer Survey, 2023’, has been featured.
Number of Pages: 22
Publication Date: May 2023