The Smartphone Intelligence Tracker gives the Counterpoint perspective on a curated collection of recent news and other articles that have made an impact on the smartphone ecosystem (OEMs, app ecosystem, policy, and more). It gives readers an idea of the current state of affairs in the sector and potential ramifications, helping connect the dots.
The March edition analyses key developments within the smartphone ecosystem during: February 22, 2023 – March 21, 2023.
It also covers the list of key smartphone launches during the period.
Some of the developments from this edition, where our analysts give their points of view include:
- Oppo patents a Touch Module for smartphones that can mimic Piano keys
- OnePlus confirms its first foldable smartphone will be coming later in 2023
- Nokia HMD to manufacture 5G smartphones in Europe
- T-Mobile announces acquisition of Mint Mobile and affiliate brands for $1.35 billion
- Silicon Carbon battery introduced by Honor
- Next iPhone likely to be equipped with TSMC 3nm tech
For the March edition, we have also included our analysis of key smartphone related highlights from MWC 2023:
- Chinese OEMs Go Premium Despite Gloomy Market Environment
- HONOR’s ‘Dual Flagship’ Strategy Targets Overseas Premium Segment
- TECNO Debuts at MWC 2023 by Joining the Foldable Revolution
- Xiaomi Exhibits Premium Camera Experience, With Price to Match
Additionally, the Smartphone Intelligence Tracker carries a teaser of one of Counterpoint’s latest research reports. In the March edition, a report titled, ‘China Foldable Smartphone
Ecosystem Developments’, has been featured.
Number of Pages: 21
Published Date: March 2023