This report covers the global mobile phone shipment by air interface technology including market share and rankings by regions and key countries.
The deliverable includes:
- Single pivot format giving an in-depth analysis of global markets
- 140+ brands now in comparison to 95 brands earlier
- Break out of Three Key Countries in each region to give a further granular view of the regions.
- 18 countries view as compared to six earlier
- More Visuals and Analysis by Country and by regions
To quickly summarize:
- The global smartphone market declined by 1% YoY to reach 299.8 million units in Q3 2023.
- The global handset market grew by 1% YoY in the same period, clocking almost 362 million units.
- 5G smartphone shipments continued to see YoY growth, with annual growth coming at 5%.
- The top 5 brands contribute almost 79% of total 5G shipments in Q3 2023.
- QoQ shipments of 5G-enabled smartphones grew by 14% as the contribution of Apple and Samsung grew.
- 5G penetration, however, remained strong at 47%, up from 46% in the same quarter of last year.
- China accounted for close to 30% of all 5G phones shipped followed by the USA at almost 15% in Q3 2023.
Table of Contents:
- Key Takeaways
- Pivot Chart
- Global Market by Geography
- Asia Pacific
- Key Asian Countries
- North America
- Western Europe
- Central & Eastern Europe
- Key European Countries
- Caribbean & Latin America
- Key Caribbean & Latin America Countries
- Middle East & Africa
- Key Middle East & Africa Countries
Author: Ranjan Gandotra, Harmeet Singh Walia
Date Published: November 2023