Our Q1 2023 Market Monitor report has been published. We release one infographic each quarter to summarize the smartphone market activities in a single page.
Some quick observations on the smartphone market:
- The global smartphone market declined by 14% YoY to reach 280.2 million units in Q1 2023.
- Samsung surpassed Apple as the leading smartphone player in Q1 2023, driven by the success of its mid-tier A series and the recently launched S23 series.
- Among the top five brands, Apple experienced the least YoY shipment decline, resulting in its highest-ever Q1 market share of 21%.
- OnePlus emerged as the fastest-growing top-10 smartphone brand globally, with significant contributions to this growth from China and India.
- In terms of regional performance, the Middle East and Africa (MEA) market exhibited the only single-digit decline at 8%, although this was based on a relatively small market size.
- Europe saw the largest decline for any region, with a 41% decrease, primarily driven by Russia and Central and Eastern Europe.
Table of Contents:
- Global Smartphone Shipments Market Share
- Regional Smartphone Market Share
Number of Pages: 1
Published Date: July 2023