In markets where 5G has launched, the latest wireless broadband standard is shaping up to be the fastest generation of network technology ever adopted. It has become a key growth driver for operators globally not only because of the experiences it enables, but also due to the accessibility and affordability of handsets.
After just two years from launch, 5G smartphones available to consumers include not just premium flagships, but also a robust selection of mid-end and, increasingly, affordable-range devices.
Appealing to young, modern smartphone users, these budget friendly phones come packed with the latest technology and features, including AI-enabled quad-camera imaging systems, premium screens, superior audio, high-performance chipsets and great battery life. We are quickly moving to a world where 5G will be accessible across all segments, enabling more consumers in emerging markets to connect to ultra-fast networks for the first time.
This Whitepaper brings you the story of how smartphone technology has evolved over the generations, the impact it has had on specs and usage, and how things are likely to evolve over time. We deep dive into the state of current adoption across markets, the fast expansion of mid-end segments, design and features trends, and some of the key brands leading in today’s super competitive 5G environment.
Table of Contents:
- 5G Market Overview
- 5G Smartphone Sales – A Tale of Two Markets
- Mid-End 5G Smartphone Proliferation
- Device Design and Specifications
- Form and Function
- 5G Smartphones Sport Advanced Specs vs Those of 4G Era
- Features 5.0
- 5G Smartphone Brand Leaders
Number of Pages: 13
If you would like to follow up on information provided in this report, please contact us at info(at)counterpointresearch.com
To download the whitepaper, fill out the form below:
Making 5G Global: Accessibility For All
Please join us again for our Making 5G Global: Accessibility for All webinar broadcast on June 3, 2020 featuring the following speakers:
- Kalvin Bahia, Principal Economist, GSMA Intelligence
- Peter Richardson, VP and Co-founder, Counterpoint Research
- Rajen Vagadia, VP and President, Qualcomm India & SAARC
- Madhav Sheth, VP, realme and CEO, realme India and Europe
- Johnny Chen, Brand Director, realme