Counterpoint Analysts participated in the 2019 edition of LiveWorx in Boston last month conceptualized and hosted by PTC. PTC is one of the top three companies globally driving digital transformation through its end-to-end software platforms in the industrial sector especially factories, agriculture, retail, and other applications.
- LiveWorx is a one-of-its-kind premier technology industry event held at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (BCEC)and showcases the latest innovation, emerging technologies, tools, experiences, tech demos transforming today’s digital industrial enterprise to the next level.
- LiveWorx’19 attracted close to 6,359 attendees (and 3,233 via live streaming) from 74 countries. Keynote tracks, workshops, and tech demos focused on “Digital Engineering”, which included product design and product lifecycle management, and “Industry 4.0”, which included connected smart enterprise assets/products transmitting valuable data at the edge or to the cloud to generate real-time analytics using AI and visualize the resulting actionable insights using Digital Dashboards or Augmented Reality.
- PTC with its comprehensive portfolio from CAD for design (PTC CREO) to PLM (PTC Windchill) for manufacturing to IoT (PTC ThingWorx) and AR (PTC Vuforia) for connected assets monitoring to data visualization respectively and key partnerships with Microsoft, Rockwell Automation, Vodafone Business and other is empowering this organization to transform digitally accelerating the goal of saving money / making money and also drive greater customer satisfaction.
- PTC had a number of customers and partners showcasing demos at LiveWorx, however, most of them showcased the power of IoT (streaming data) from machines + AR (data and insights visualization) in the industrial IoT setting. Prominent examples included AR-powered Digital Twins to interactive hands-free AR Documentation creation to AR-based Remote Assistance to AR-based Employee Training and AR-based Collaboration.
- Thousands of companies have adopted IoT + AR as a key strategy and many of them have seen immediate ROI in deploying these technologies. Companies which have been using PTC’s ThingWorx and Vuforia platforms successfully include Volvo, Boeing, Xerox, Ericsson, Lockheed Martin, Howden, Global Foundries, BAE Systems, Fujitsu, Cannondale, and many others.
- Other key highlights included, PTC expanded its AR offerings by acquiring Netherlands based AR integration company twnkls. PTC also made a strategic investment in Matterport which offers immersive 3D Spatial Capture technology to help visualize factories
- The adoption of key technologies from AI+Robotics to IoT to AR is growing fast in the industrial sector and helping companies generate exponential business value, efficiencies, and productivity to transform the industrial enterprise.
The comprehensive analysis on LiveWorx’19, key case studies, survey on the growing use-cases of AR in the industrial sector and on PTC’s portfolio and competitiveness can be downloaded by Counterpoint clients here