Our Q1-2018 Market Monitor report has been published. We release one Infographic in each quarter to summarize the handset and smartphone market activities in a single page.
Some quick observations from this edition:
· Global smartphone shipments declined 3% annually reaching 360 million units in Q1 2018.
· Top 5 smartphone brands contributed to around three fourth of the total smartphone market
· Apple shipped 52.2 million iPhones during Q1 2018 up 3% as compared to the same quarter last year.
· Shipment for Xiaomi grew 109% YoY, making it one of the fastest growing smartphone brand.
· There is fierce competition in Asia smartphone market with little difference between the top 5 players, majorly dominated by Chinese brands.
· One in four smartphones shipped were Chinese.
· Chinese brands registered a growth of 4% YoY outside China, even as China smartphone market declined by 9% YoY in Q1 2018.