Whitepaper: Technology Convergence Clicks in Smartphone Cameras
Camera is now at the heart of smartphone innovations. It is also the most commonly used feature for smartphone users. Keeping this in mind, smartphone makers in collaboration with the camera ecosystem have been striving to level up the mobile photography performance with breakthroughs in both hardware specifications and AI-backed software and algorithm development.
This is a comprehensive database of Extended Reality (XR) headset model level shipments by quarter including retail price and 30+ specifications and features. It covers tethered as well as standalone Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) headset models. We are tracking 40+ XR brands and 100+ headset models by memory variants.
- Time period: Q1 2020 to Q2 2023 with quarterly granularity
- By brand (40+) and models (100+)
- By region: Global
- Specification and prices (35+)
- Price bands
- Chipsets Company
- Chipset Models
- Display Size
- Display Type
- Internal memory
- Wi-Fi Type
- 26+ other specifications
Publication Date: September 2023
Counterpoint’s monthly Smartphone Intelligence Tracker gives the Counterpoint perspective on a curated collection of recent news and other articles that have made an impact on the smartphone ecosystem (OEMs, app ecosystem, policy, and more). It gives readers an idea of the current state of affairs in the sector and potential ramifications, helping connect the dots.
The September edition analyses key developments within the smartphone ecosystem from 22nd August 2023 to 21st September 2023. It also covers the list of key smartphone launches during the period.
Some of the developments from this edition, where our analysts give their points of view include:
- Apple to Provide iPhone 12 Software Update in France to Settle Radiation Row
- Finnish Mobile Carriers Suspend Xiaomi Sales Over Presence in Russia
- Google Begins Work on QR Code-based eSIM Transfer
- Xiaomi Supplier to Open Factory Near Delhi for Producing Smartphones
- Samsung Display to Supply Lion’s Share of iPhone 15 Panels
- Pakistan government to launch interest-free service to get mobile phones on installments
- iPhone Maker Foxconn Aims to Double India Investment, Employment
- OPPO A2 Pro Debuts in China with Free Battery Replacement Program
Additionally, the Smartphone Intelligence Tracker carries a teaser of one of Counterpoint’s latest research reports. In the September edition, a report titled, ‘Understanding the Purchase Journey of Recently Smartphone Buyers Opting for Financing, has been featured.
Published date: 26th September 2023
Counterpoint Research’s Market Pulse is a monthly service analysing the Global Handset Market Sell Through Landscape by OEMs, Regions, Models, specifications, and latest developments giving a holistic view of the industry. Market Pulse’s flagship model sales report provides monthy model-wise sales data for flagship and best selling smartphones globally.
Monthly data breakdowns by:
- Smartphone sales by 225+ models across 12 OEMs, >50% of Global Sales coverage
- 100% coverage for Apple Models
Table of Contents:
- Bestsellers Smartphone Models
Published Date: 26 September 2023
Global Smartphone Camera Demand-side Research Report
Smartphone Display Market Trends – 2021 and Beyond
Smartphone Low-Pixel Camera Market Outlook 2021
Smartphone Primary Camera Resolution Continues to Improve Amid Growing Pressure on BoM Cost
Foldable Smartphone Shipments to Grow 10x by 2023
BoM Analysis: Apple Watch Series 6 Costs $136 to Produce
Smartphone Brands Bet on Under-display Camera for Full-screen Display
Technology Convergence Clicks in Smartphone Cameras