Our Q4 2021 Market Monitor report has been published. We release one infographic each quarter to summarize the smartphone market activities in a single page.
Some quick observations on the smartphone market:
- The global smartphone market grew 9% QoQ but declined 6% YoY in Q4 2021, clocking shipments of 371 million units, down from 396 million in Q4 2020.
- Apple surpassed Samsung to become the top smartphone vendor in Q4 2021, shipping 81.5 million units.
- Xiaomi shipped 45 million units in Q4 2021, up 5% YoY. It grew marginally despite facing severe component shortages.
- Samsung shipped 69 million units in Q4 2021, up 10% from Q4 2020, mainly due to increased demand for its smartphones from mid-tier A and M series.
- vivo declined 12% YoY to 29.3 million units in Q4 2021 with its market share reaching 8%. Notably, vivo lost the number one spot to Apple in China in Q4 2021.