Our Q2 2023 Market Monitor report has been published. We release one infographic each quarter to summarize the global smartphone market activities in a single page.
Some quick observations on the smartphone market:
- Global smartphone shipments declined 9% YoY in Q2 2023 to reach 268 million units.
- Samsung remained the top smartphone player in Q2 2023, while Apple saw a cyclical decline.
- Among the top five brands, Apple experienced the smallest YoY shipment decline. Among the top 10 brands, TECNO and Infinix, part of the Transsion Group, saw double-digit YoY shipment growth in the quarter.
- In terms of regional performance, only the Middle East and Africa (MEA) exhibited annual shipment growth while North America experienced the highest decline.
- The top five brands accounted for almost 80% of the total 5G smartphone shipments in Q2 2023.