TWS Market Share by Brand:
- The global TWS hearables market sales in 2021 grew 24% YoY to 299.6 million units. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic impact throughout the year, new products entered the market with more features, like ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) and expanded playtime, at affordable prices.
- TWS market leader Apple saw a slight increase of 5% YoY in its unit sales but its market share fell to 26%. Driven by its new models, Samsung saw a robust growth of 33% YoY to maintain its share of 7%.
- Among other brands, Skullcandy and boAt showed noticeable growth, as they became key players in major regions like North America, Europe and India.
TWS Market Share by Region:
- All regions except North America showed YoY growth in 2021. Asia-Pacific (excluding China) had the biggest share, surpassing North America for the first time.
- Despite the COVID-19 pandemic impact throughout the year, most regions grew driven by new products with more features at affordable prices.
- In particular, smartphone OEMs continued to focus on TWS products to expand their smart ecosystem, resulting in increased competition and sales in the market.
Read the full press release here.