Counterpoint Research has been analysing the global Smartwatch industry on a quarterly basis. In this report, we have analysed Global Apple smartwatch shipment, Revenue and ASP from 1Q 2015 to 4Q 2019 with key focus on split by model variant along with Apple smartwatch shipment by 30 countries.
- Apple Smartwatch Shipment grew 37% YoY in 2Q 2019. Apple Watch Series 4 was the star performer of the quarter by contributing 73% of the Apple smartwatch shipment.
- We believe its success was due to its focus on health-related features like ECG and fall detection. Further, it speaks volumes of how far Apple has come with Apple Watch as a meaningful health device.
- ECG capability, heart rate sensor for health monitoring, GPS and pedometer sensors for fitness, and NFC embedded for payment are some of the key integrated technologies. Related use-cases and in addition to notifications with cellular capability are driving the smartwatch adoption. However, limited battery life remains a pain point for consumer’s decision-making process, irrespective of region and price band
- We expect, Apple smartwatch shipments will grow 38% YoY in 2019, where the new Apple watch Series 5 will contribute to 38%. Furthermore, Apple continues to dominate the smartwatch market and catalysing the trend of smartwatch as standalone wearable devices.
Table of Contents:
- Apple Smartwatch Shipments By Model (In Million)
- Apple Smartwatch Revenue By Model (In USD Million)
- Apple Smartwatch ASP By Model (In USD)
- Apple Smartwatch Shipment By Countries (In Million)
Author: Satyajit Sinha
Reports over $3,999 can be bought via wire transfer. Please enquire to purchase.
To view more reports from our Research Portal, click here.