The year 2020 saw a deceleration in new smartphone sales. The refurb market went through this slump as well, but it bounced back in the second half of 2020 to grow 4% in 2020. The future for the refurb market looks promising when we consider volumes, prevailing average prices and overall sustainability factors supporting the industry. We see 2021 reporting a higher growth number.
This global report covers the refurb market in great detail by analyzing global and regional dynamics, pre-owned smartphone industry players, and future possibilities. The report is a must-read for the used mobile phone ecosystem players, including smartphone OEMs, companies powering device trade-in, smartphone accessory players, companies looking to enter the refurb market, and any enterprise which wants to understand the global refurb market.
Update Frequency: Half Yearly
Table of Contents:
- Research Methodology
- Industry Dynamics
- Executive Summary
- Global Refurbished Smartphone Sales Volumes by Region, 2019 vs 2020 (CH, US, EU, IN, JPN, LA, SEA. Africa, Others) (CY 2019 and CY 2020)
- Global Pre-owned-to-Consumption Flow Chart
- Global Refurbished Smartphone Market Share by OEM, 2020
- Global Average Selling Prices (ASPs)
- Most Sold Models in Secondary Market by Region, 2020
- Regional Deep Dive:
- Refurbished Smartphone Channel Flow, 2020
- Refurbished Smartphone Sales by OEM, 2017-2020
- Refurbished Smartphone Volumes by Consumption Type (Domestic vs Imported), 2019-2020
- Commentary Slides on Market Dynamics
Number of Pages: 61
Author: Jeff Fieldhack and Glen Cardoza
To view more reports from our Research portal, click here.