Smartphone shipments increased 8% YoY, with four out of five mobile phones shipped being a smartphone. North America (NAM), Middle East and Africa (MEA) and Asia were the regions that registered year on year growth. This report tracks overall market analysis & Vendor analysis during the quarter.
Table of Contents:
- China and India continued to be the two largest markets and can be viewed as regions in themselves.
- These two countries combined accounted for 37% of global mobile phone shipments.
- MEA had the highest YoY growth rate among all the regions and accounted for almost 14% of the total global shipments.
- Smartphones remained the key driver for growth and represented around 80% of total handset shipments.
- Smartphone growth is fueled by rising proliferation of LTE phones along with declining average selling prices in markets such as China, India, Russia, Indonesia and other emerging countries.
Number of Pages: 10 (Full report is available for clients at our portal)
Author: Parv Sharma ([email protected])
Published Date: February 2017
- Overview of report
- Key highlights
- Vendor Analysis- Samsung, Apple, Huawei
- Summary by Cellular Air-Interface in Mobile Phones